Established in 1920, AlabamaAGC is a statewide organization of qualified construction contractors and industry-related companies dedicated to skill, integrity and responsibility. AlabamaAGC’s history is a testimony to our strength and ability to serve contractors and the industry in a changing environment. The Association provides broad influence and a full range of services satisfying the needs and concerns of its members, partners and the industry, thereby improving the quality of construction and protecting the public interest.
· AGC is dedicated to improving the construction industry by educating the industry, promoting the use of the latest technology and advocating building the best quality projects for owners –
public and private.
· Nationally, AGC is the nation’s largest and oldest construction trade association, established in 1918 at the request of President Woodrow Wilson.
· The AGC staff has the strength and experience to deal with critical issues including: changing government regulations, an increasingly unpredictable court system, safety, environmental
and certain legal issues.
· AlabamaAGC recognizes and helps stop unfair trade practices, and helps our members cut overhead and remain competitive.
· AlabamaAGC rewrote the competitive bid law and guided it through the Alabama Legislature.
· AlabamaAGC provides forms for contractors who need to start a drug testing program. AlabamaAGC also negotiated a deal for the actual drug testing that is far less expensive for our members than they would find on the open market.
· AlabamaAGC was instrumental in forming the BCIA in Birmingham, which helps introduce minority contractors to the market without unfair trade practices.
· AGC has a powerful voice in state and national politics, stopping or amending legislation that could adversely affect the industry. AGC has the fifth largest PAC in Alabama.
· AGC offers training for field supervisory personnel and management and partnering training for office personnel. AGC offers a wide variety of publications and communication tools.
· CompTrustAGC is a well-funded workers’ compensation insurance program was created by contractors for contractors and is available to AlabamaAGC members. It is a rock-solid provider with rates that are extremely competitive. 36% of the total premiums have been returned to the membership since 1992.
· iSqFtAGC is a network of construction offices on the Internet that offers features which bring bidding efficiency and project communication to a new level. It includes the AlabamaAGC Internet Plan Room offering plans & specs for publicly bid projects on-line for subscribers in the industry. GCs can also post negotiated work in their “invitation only” private plan rooms. Of course, there is a significant price advantage for subscribers who are AlabamaAGC members.
· A major strength of AlabamaAGC is the networking among our diverse membership. Our 1000+ members range from one-man operations to ENR Top 400 companies. These include commercial, highway, heavy, municipal, utility and specialty firms who work together in the construction community. Finding it easier for people to do business with people they know, AGC offers our members many opportunities to get to know each other through social, service and business events.
· Section Meetings and events are held in strategic locations throughout the state: Florence, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Anniston, Montgomery, Dothan, Mobile, and Pensacola, FL. With members in large cities and small communities, no one is more than one hour from an AlabamaAGC meeting or event.
· AlabamaAGC is cost-effective and efficient. Only five AGC chapters in the nation have a lower dues structure. Even so, only 16 percent of AlabamaAGC’s multi-million-dollar budget comes from dues. We at AGC realize your dues and time are an investment in the construction industry. We are diligent in our efforts to provide an outstanding return on that investment.
AlabamaAGC, headquartered in Birmingham, has five other offices throughout the state, including Northwest Florida.
Associated General Contractors of America
5000 Grantswood Road, Post Office Box 102066, Birmingham, Alabama 35210
Telephone 205-451-1400 Facsimile 205-451-1499
Internet Plan Room & CompTrust AGC Facsimile 205-451-1499
754 Downtowner Loop West
Mobile, AL 36609
Telephone 251-344-8220 Facsimile 251-342-5575
Charlotte Kopf - Manager
Carol Graham - Bookkeeper
Katherine Galanos – Administrative Assistant
1042 Ambassador Court
Montgomery, AL 36117
Telephone (334)244-4001 Facsimile (334)244-4885
Chris Williams - Director of of Central Sections and Governmental Relations
7800 Madison Blvd Suite 204
Huntsville, AL 35806
Telephone (256)722-5595 Facsimile (256)722-5596
Darrell Henry - Office Manager
919-A Mitchell Blvd.
Florence, AL 35630
Telephone (256)767-7216 Facsimile (256)767-1917
Melody Hallmark - Office Manager
201 South “F” Street
Pensacola, FL 32501
Telephone 850-438-0551 Facsimile 850 433-3059
National AGC Office
333 John Carlyle Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Telephone 703-548-3118 Facsimile (703)548-3119